The Punch Bowl Inn is situated in the quiet village of Edmundbyers, approximately 2.5 miles from the A68 and adjacent to the Derwent Reservoir in the lovely Derwent valley on the Durham/Northumberland border.
Within easy reach of Newcastle Airport and the historic city of Durham (20 miles), The Punch Bowl is ideally placed for a quiet break or a simple stop over en route to or from Scotland or the Lakes. Hadrian's Wall, award winning Beamish Open Air Museum and World Heritage Site Durham Cathedral are just some of the area's attractions.
Close to coast to coast walking/cycling route (with secure parking for bicycles), there are 6 en suite bedrooms and we provide a traditional breakfast to get you on your way, with a good packed lunch if you wish. Just a short distance from the Derwent Sailing Club and some first class grouse and pheasant shooting in the immediate area. Fishing can be arranged on the reservoir or on local fishing club waters. Internet access is available along with quality home made food, including our renowned puddings and ice creams.
Moira and Chris have long experience in providing a home from home atmosphere and take pride in offering their guests a relaxed and friendly welcome in what is, after all, their home.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En Suite||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Family en suite||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single En Suite||from £55.00 to £60.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy of a double room £55-£60 including breakfast.
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good33
- airflow350Tewkesbury, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayVery Disappointed !Friday, 29th September 2017My room was terrible , crumbs on the side table, double quilt on a single bed, window you couldn't open because of the kitchen extractor noise and smell right out side the window, bath mat was mouldy... Read full review
- shortcake22LeedsTrip Type:FamilyStandard pub grubSunday, 23rd July 2017Good size friendly pub. We were staying locally so booked in for a Saturday evening. The starters were not partially nice, goats cheese starter extremely small with specs of goats cheese. Mains... Read full review
- Hendrik NLivingston, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessFriendly staff, great breakfast, tiny roomMonday, 3rd July 2017I was here for a work trip sharing a twin room that was tiny, probably big enough for a single bed. The bathroom in contrast was very spacious. At least you can put your bags under the beds. The beds... Read full review
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Pets accepted - By arrangement.
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
Map & Directions
From the A68, take the B6238 signposted Edmundbyers/Stanhope.
Public Transport Directions
Buses run from Consett, nearest railway station is Riding Mill (7 miles).