The Lambton Worm has 14 en-suite bedrooms, all recently refurbished to a high standard in a contemporary, boutique style and well-appointed with modern luxuries. They comprise beautifully ornate furniture including large comfortable beds, a spacious wardrobe and a dressing table with matching stool. Each room is equipped with the facilities needed to ensure a comfortable stay, including a flat-screen Freeview TV, Bluetooth stereo speaker dock and tea and coffee making facilities. The bathrooms devour modern suites with either a shower cubical or bath with shower, a charging point for electricals and a heated towel rail.
The ground floor comprises a pub and restaurant with very good standards in both food and drink, having been refurbished and re-opened as a Sonnet 43 brewery tap in 2013. Sonnet 43 Brew House, is its craft brewery based a few miles away in Coxhoe, County Durham, producing beer that is all taste and heart. The brewery’s ethos - ‘For the love of beer’ – was used to inspire the ideal setting to enjoy great beer with the best of British cuisine.
Located in North-East England, The Lambton Worm is conveniently placed just a short drive to the A1 motorway. With good public transport links, this allows for easy access to the North East's most famous sights and tourist attractions including: The Durham Cathedral heritage site, historic Durham City, Newcastle City Centre, the Baltic Art gallery & Millennium Bridge, Metrocentre, Beamish museum, the Angel of the North and the Riverside Cricket Stadium. There is also free parking in the on-site car park.
Choose The Lambton Worm to eat, drink, stay and enjoy!
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double/twin zip link en suite||£70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||from £80.00 to £100.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured 2016
- AA AA Dinner Award 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good54
- carol53RedcarTrip Type:CouplesGreat valueSaturday, 30th September 2017Only stayed one night but it was surprisingly good all round, particularly taking into account the bargain price we paid. Room was a reasonable size. The shower was a good size and powerful... Read full review
- CompuwhizzTrip Type:BusinessGood food, decent value for money but some drawbacks...Thursday, 28th September 2017I stayed 2 nights recently whilst visiting for work in the area - the room I had (Crystal) was small but nicely decorated. The evening meals and breakfasts were good quality and overall, it was... Read full review
- Donnyboy07South YorksTrip Type:CouplesVery good value for the PriceSaturday, 16th September 2017Stayed at this establishment from 4 Sep - 6 Sep while visiting the Beamish Museum which is only four and a half miles away.......... This is best described as a Gastro pub but represents very good... Read full review
- WiFi Available
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|