A beautiful country hotel the 4 star Redworth Hall Hotel is perfectly located for holidays and short breaks to Durham and Darlington. This Jacobean Manor House hotel which dates back to 1693 is situated just off the A1(M) only 8 miles from Darlington and 20 miles from Durham City. Sitting in 26 acres of stunning woodland Redworth Hall Hotel is ideal for a relaxing country break, and offers a superb location for exploring Durham city and the surrounding area.
This hotel boasts 143 bedrooms including 34 contemporary Deluxe Spa rooms featuring spa baths and multi-jet showers. Dating back to 1693, the Jacobean styled Redworth Hall has an interesting history being home to various members of the Crosier and Surtees families until 1950. The hall retains many of its original features, namely the magnificent galleried Baronial Great Hall and ornate spiral stone staircase. Dine in Restaurant 1744 or relax in the bar with the drink.
To complete your luxury stay at Redworth Hall Hotel, let us pamper you in the hotel’s Beauty Rooms which offer a wide range of spa and beauty treatments, the hotel also has its own Hair Salon for a complete pampering experience. Open to hotel guests and local members alike, the Health Club at Redworth Hall Hotel offers a range of facilities including an indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, fully equipped gym, fitness studio for classes and outdoor tennis courts.
The children can wear themselves out in the indoor soft play area.
Redworth Hall Hotel is ideally located to use as base to explore Durham, Darlington or even Newcastle. Visit beautiful Durham city and see the 900 year old Cathedral and Durham Castle, or explore the great outdoors in the Durham Dales. Nearby you’ll also find Raby Castle and The Bowes Museum in Barnard Castle. For a day at the races Sedgefield and Catterick Bridge Racecourses are within 18 miles of the hotel.
Venture a little further and you can spend a day out at Beamish Open Air Museum which is great for all the family, or visit the cosmopolitan city of Newcastle.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double - Deluxe Spa||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Double Standard||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single Standard||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite||£130.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Deluxe (origional house)||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin Standard||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1054
- nesybearLeeds, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLast minute relaxing night.Wednesday, 18th October 2017Booked last minute after flights were cancelled, stayed in deluxe spa room which was really nice, comfy bed and good sized spa bath and multi-jet shower. The corridors are a little long but I have... Read full review
- lorretta123Trip Type:Couplesslightly disappointedTuesday, 17th October 2017check in ok but disappointed with the "spa bath". we were expecting a nice big romantic bath with lots of jets. what we got was a big standard "rather short" bath with 8 jets in the bottom. I... Read full review
- MM1410Sunderland, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDisappointed.Tuesday, 17th October 2017Booked a night here with my partner for our anniversary. Stayed in a Deluxe Spa Room, with a 3 course meal, breakfast the next morning and a late check out included in the price. Thought this was a... Read full review
- WiFi Available - Complimentary WiFi
- Access Statement - Please see below
- NAS HEARING
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - 300 Complimentary Car Parking
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Pets accepted - £15 dog supplement
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
|2016 (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2017)|
Map & Directions
Leave A1(M) at jct 58, A1(M), take the A68 towards Corbridge. At the 1st roundabout take the second exit onto the A6072 towards Bishop Auckland. At the 2nd roundabout take the 2nd exit following the A6072 towards Bishop Auckland. the hotel is located on the left hand side. Free parking is available for up to 300 cars.
Public Transport Directions
From Darlington - 8 miles
Follow signs to Bishop Auckland. Then from A68 follow road directions.