A luxurious and peaceful retreat in a country village east of Durham and the A1 with good access to coast and country. Organic and environmentally friendly in all areas with facilities for walkers, cyclists and families. Close to many cycleways, nature reserves and country parks including the recently renovated Hardwick Park and the new Saltholme National Nature Reserve.
Home-baked biscuits, cakes and scones are our speciality, and breakfasts are all sourced from local farm shops with a choice from full English, Continental or American breakfasts. Relax with a drink in our guest garden or help yourself to a book or video from the library.
The gardens around the house hold 5 National Plant Collections and you are welcome to visit our hardy plant nursery area to stock up on organically grown, peat free plants for your garden. We also have a small Tradecraft shop to supply you with the delicious muesli or cocoa you enjoyed on your stay.
3 course evening meal available for £15 per person, afternoon tea £6 per person, tea and scones £3 per person and packed lunch £5.
Four star luxury that does not cost the earth!
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||from £35.00 to £70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||from £35.00 to £70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- CheshireJourneywomanCheshireTrip Type:Friends getawayGood base, great food and amazing valueWednesday, 11th October 2017My Friend and I have just returned from a 4-night stay at Polemonium Plantery. We both stayed in en suite single rooms which were lovely and clean and both slept very well in the comfortable beds... Read full review
- Jillian NKingston-upon-Hull, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayDefinitely not a chain cloneSunday, 17th September 2017The owners couldn't have been more helpful, we just stayed for 1 night , rooms were clean, lovely toiletries, great breakfast and you must try the Durham pikelets they were gorgeous, good variety of... Read full review
- daveD4034SWSheffield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat food & hospitalitySaturday, 30th April 2016This is our 6th stay, if you want good local food, a comfortable bed, hospitable hosts and somewhere with character look no further. A particular bonus for lovers of gardens and plants are the range... Read full review
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure area for storage. Access to cycle routes, maps and guides available. Packed lunches provided
- Special provisions for walkers - Good access to nature reserves. Guides and maps available. Packed lunches provided.
- Walkers Welcome
|Open (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2017)|
Map & Directions
From the South, A1 (M) jct 61, take A688, then onto A181 for Peterlee. Next roundabout take 3rd exit. Turn right at the nature reserve then left at the white house, follow the road in to Trimdon Grange, then left at top of hill at the church, house opposite green.
From the North, A1(M) jct 62 towards Durham City, taking the first exit signposted Dragonville, and turn right, left at traffic lights and left again after Tesco. Any right after this takes you to the A181, then as above
Public Transport Directions
From Durham railway station take bus 55 to St Albans Church stop in Trimdon Grange. Turn right after church.