AboutDelightfully designed around a traditional courtyard setting, the Park Head Country Hotel and Restaurant has all the facilities one would expect from a modern city centre hotel whilst enjoying a delightful rural setting with views over County Durham. (Eight of the bedrooms are situated in the main hotel and reflect the heritage of the Park Head as an 18th century coaching inn whilst still offering all the necessary modern facilities).
With thirty-two spacious rooms, all en-suite and equipped with Freeview TV and a large restaurant and carvery the hotel has become a firm favourite with those seeking a venue for conferences, business meetings, weddings, birthday parties or just simply a leisure break.
And now, with newly created Beer Garden and Children’s Play areas it is set to become an even more favourable venue.
The Park Head is renowned for its food offerings, whether it’s from the famous carvery, extensive restaurant menu or on special occasions.
Every Sunday we offer the biggest and best carvery in the county with a choice of four joints of the finest English meat, all sourced within the local area and all complemented by a wide range of locally sourced vegetables. Vegetarian and gluten free options are always available.
The Park Head Country Hotel has a well earned reputation as one of the region's premier venues for any special occasion.
With over one hundred events a year including weddings, parties, conferences, themed nights and sportsmen's dinners we pride ourselves on the handling of each a special occasion.
The Oakland Suite can accommodate 150 for a meal or 250 for a Buffet. It has its own dance floor, disco lighting and sound, toilets and licensed bar to ensure your guests have all the necessary facilities for a great time.
Parties and special events can be held any day and we will be able to help design and deliver any special themes through our extensive network of partners and suppliers.
Menus will be tailored to your own personal requirements
Out & About
Here in the North East we are proud of the large number of popular attractions available to visitors and The Park Head Hotel is ideally placed to take advantage of all the area has to offer, including:
• Beamish, The North of England Open Air Museum
• Bowes Museum and the Silver Swan
• The National Railway Museum Shildon
• Crook Hall and Gardens
• Durham Dales and High Force
• Auckland Castle
• Durham Heritage Coast
• Binchester Roman Fort
• Egglestone Abbey
• Hamserley Forest
• Newcastle/Gateshead Quayside
• Raby Castle, Gardens and Medieval Kitchens
• Sunderlands Winter Gardens
• The Ancient City of Durham, its Cathedral and Castle
• The MetroCentre
• The National Glass Centre
• The Sage Gateshead and the Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art
• Durham County Cricket Club
• Captain Cook Country and the North Yorkshire Coast
And further afield but easily accessible:
• Hadrians Wall
• Kielder Water
• The Holy Island of Lindisfarne
The large car park is free, secure, well lit and covered by CCTV.
Most of the hotel is disabled friendly, please ask for more details
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||from £50.00 to £80.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite (Double+Single Bed)||from £60.00 to £90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||from £40.00 to £70.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Triple En-Suite||from £60.00 to £90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single Occupancy £40-£60
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Quality Assured 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good135
- sheldont-hxHalifax, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAfternoon teaSunday, 22nd October 2017Lovely afternoon tea here.... added bonus they cater for coeliacs its a real treat to be able to enjoy a gluten free afternoon without the worry of knowing wether its ok to eat... Lovely mixed... Read full review
- Andy KTrip Type:FamilySunday LunchMonday, 16th October 2017After a few month break, we returned to the Park Head for lunch Sunday gone, the restaurant was very busy and we hadn’t booked, however we only had a 5 minute wait. This was followed by a very nice... Read full review
- CraigveryhappyNewton Aycliffe, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesTop Class FoodSaturday, 7th October 2017Great evening meal we have enjoyed so many great meals here afternoon tea to die for hen party evening meals every single one has been first class Starters Garlic Mushrooms nice portion and the... Read full review
- WiFi Available
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
|Open (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
Map & Directions
On the A688 Bishop Auckland to Spennymoor road. One and a half miles from Bishop Auckland town centre.
Public Transport Directions
Well served by many public bus services. Visit www.arriva.com for full details.
Durham Railway station is approximately 9 miles away
Darlington Railway station is approximately 13 miles away