Timber Lodge accommodation on an Alpaca Farm in the Durham Dales, 6 miles from Barnard Castle. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathroom - spa bath, shower and sauna. Furnished to a high standard and centrally heated throughout. An ideal base for walking or cycling in the countryside, and located within easy reach of the county's many attractions.
Ground floor accommodation throughout, large living area with leather sofas and wood burning stove, kitchen with dishwasher, washer dryer and full size fridge freezer, sun room for dining. Outside there is a covered veranda, and large garden area with patio. Cycle storage available.
Situated on the edge of the AONB, ideal location for exploring Teesdale and neighbouring Weardale and only 40 minutes to beautiful Durham City - many attractions within easy travelling distance. Single storey accommodation - level 2 Mobility rated. Gold Award achieved for excellence in all aspects.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Little Owl Lodge||from £300.00 to £575.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- 1 Accessibility - Mobility
- 2 Accessibility - Mobility
- Visit England Gold 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- MrsWednesday, 9th November 2016Lovely place. Heating/ water repeatedly broke down. Outside area is tatty. Hosts are lovely people. House well equipped. Read full review
- 1966CarlCowes, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyPerfect place to staySunday, 16th October 2016Lovely quite and relaxing countryside location and great position for exploring Durham and beyond. The property is clean, warm and very well appointed and the welcome we received from the owners made... Read full review
- DJNye NBurntwood, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBeautiful lodge with excellent facilitiesTuesday, 13th September 2016Owl lodge was truly beautiful, comfy and excellent facilities. the lodge makes a good base we visited Beamish but The local places were very nice too. you do need a car to get about but it is so nice... Read full review
- WiFi Available - Yes.
- Access Statement - Please see below
- NAS MOBILITY - Mobility Level 2 achieved.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - No minimum age. We do not have baby facilities (cot/highchair) but guests are welcome to bring their own.
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Directly next to lodge
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure cycle store available.
- Special provisions for walkers - Drying facilities.
- Walkers Welcome
Bookable Product Facilities: Little Owl Lodge
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Colour Television
- Drying Facilities
- DVD Player
- Ironing Facilities
- Non smoking units available
- Real log/coal fires
- Washing Machine - Washer/dryer
|2016 (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2017)|
Map & Directions
0.5 miles from B6282. 15 minutes to A1/ A66. Comprehensive travel directions forwarded with confirmation package.