Farnley Tower is a 4 Star Guesthouse, providing all the facilities you would expect in a modern city hotel. Sited in an elevated position, it provides stunning views of Durham Castle, Cathedral and surrounding countryside. All comfortable rooms are en suite, individually designed, with some having beautiful countryside views.
Dine in the award winning, Michelin recommended restaurant and bar Restaurant DH1, specialising in artistic and innovative cuisine. The menu features an array of fresh local produce and a huge choice of wines.
Free car parking onsite.
Only a short walk to all the main tourist attractions of the city centre. Farnley Tower is ideal for a romantic weekend and perfect for sight-seeing the historic city of Durham!
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£65.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite||£95.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Single en suite||£75.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 4 Visit England Stars
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good145
- JKS99Manchester, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayAvoid Avoid AvoidSunday, 8th October 2017Booked 2 rooms in May 2017 for a stay in October 2017. Arrived after a 4 hour journey to be told they knew of our booking but it wasn't on their system??? And they couldn't accommodate us!! After... Read full review
- FootlooseSingaporeSingaporeTrip Type:CouplesNice little gem in a great locationTuesday, 3rd October 2017Emma welcomed us on our arrived. I'm pretty certain her middle name is "Ms Efficiency-Congeniality" as our check-in was not only prompt, but warm and friendly. It made us feel glad to be her guests... Read full review
- theblackhandLondon, UKTrip Type:FamilyGood room, poor breakfastTuesday, 26th September 2017This B&B is in a large, attractive house just out of the centre of Durham. Our room was comfortable, not huge but adequate. The house is attractive,with a garden and parking. It is shared by a... Read full review
- WiFi Available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Pets accepted - Pets welcome - £5 per dog.
- Cyclists Welcome
- Walkers Welcome
- Out of Hours Visits
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
Map & Directions
From A1 (M) Jct 62 From the A1 take A690 (Crook Road) carry straight over the 4th roundabout. Take the 4th turning on the right (The Avenue). Farnley Tower and Gourmet Spot Restaurant is at the top of The Avenue on the right-hand side.
Public Transport Directions
10 minutes walk from station. 2 minutes walk from bus stop. Less than 10 minutes walk to Durham city centre. Free car parking onsite.