Set in 73 acres of beautiful parkland beside the River Wear, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is a unique experience.
Your base to visit the cathedral city of Durham only 8 miles away and explore the beautiful Durham countryside, Whitworth Hall Country Park Hotel is the idyllic country escape.
A sympathetically-restored Grade II Listed stately mansion, the ancestral home of Bobby Shafto, the hotel offers 29 luxurious double en suite bedrooms, each with its own individual character and all appointed to a superior standard.
Luxurious bedrooms, 2 restaurants, comfortable lounges, bars, conservatories, gardens, and private meeting rooms with service from professional, attentive staff - perfect for your conferences, meetings, entertaining, weddings, private dining and events......or just to get away from it all.
Open daily for morning coffee, afternoon tea or dinner to residents and non-residents. Enjoy fine dining in the elegant Library Restaurant or the relaxed Silver Buckles Brasserie
Quality hospitality for all occasions in the heart of a 73 acre deer park.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe Double||from £75.00 to £335.00 per person (room only)|
|Standard Double en suite||from £60.00 to £335.00 per room (room only)|
|Twin en suite||from £60.00 to £335.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- 3 AA Stars Hotel
- 3 Visit England Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous TasteDurham Highest Quality Assured and Local Produce Champion 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- GreenLeader Silver
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good214
- Gill FManchesterTrip Type:CouplesLoveley experienceSunday, 15th October 2017We had a room at the front of the original building which had a wonderful view of the grounds and the deer that roam the park. We had read the reviews about some rooms being noisy due to weddings... Read full review
- 167Dave8Durham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAfternoon tea reviewThursday, 12th October 2017Found this place by accident and it is only a few miles from me. Went for afternoon tea. Very nice grounds with fishing lake and lots of friendly deer roaming. Lovely ,looking hotel with an amazing... Read full review
- David SNottinghamTrip Type:CouplesLucky Bobby ShaftoMonday, 2nd October 2017This is a wonderful hotel in a beautiful setting. Once the family home to the Shafto family ( Bobby of the poem/rhyme fame), it’s a stylish Manor House with some modern trimmings ( but not the sort... Read full review
- WiFi Available
- Access Statement - Please see below
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
Map & Directions
From A1(M) At jct 61 follow A688 'Spennymoor'. After joining it follow A688 over 4 roundabouts. At the fifth roundabout take the fourth exit, right 'Spenymoor Town Centre'. At the next major roundabout, turn left, first exit (Middlestone Moor). Traffic lights turn right following hotel sign. Hotel 1 mile on right.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 8 milesAdvise using a taxi.