Bee Cottage Farm Guesthouse is set in peaceful, picturesque surroundings on the edge of the beautiful Durham Dales. Enjoy stunning views from our conservatory dining rooms, guest sitting room, TV lounge (including DVD library) or garden.
The guesthouse comprises the original 100-year-old farmhouse with 5 letting rooms on the first floor together with 3 larger letting rooms located in our ground floor annexe. All our letting rooms are en suite with hair dryer, TV and tea-making facilities. We are child-friendly and pets are welcome in the annexe. We are licensed to sell alcohol and offer a 3 course evening meal made on the premises using local produce.
Bee Cottage Guest House is located 1.5 miles west of the A68, half way between Tow Law and Castleside and 1 field away from the Waskerley Way, a disused railway line used by cyclists and walkers to cross the Durham Dales from here to Stanhope and back. We are ideally situated for touring the area, including visits to Beamish, Newcastle or Durham (25 minutes drive to Durham), as well as walking and cycling. For those guests doing the famous C2C cycle route, we offer secure overnight cycle storage and drying facilities if it rains.
Supplement for single occupancy of double/twin rooms.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Annexe Beehive Large Family Room (1 double & 2/3 singles) en suite||£40.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Farmhouse Double en suite||from £35.00 to £38.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Farmhouse Twin en suite||£38.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Honeycomb Ground Floor 2 bed apartment (1 double & 1 twin)||£40.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Honeypot Small Family Room (1 double & 1 single) en suite||£40.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Small Family Room en suite (1 double and 1 single)||from £35.00 to £38.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*There will be a supplement for single occupancy of a Twin or Double Room - please ring to check. Children under 10 yrs half price
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest House
- Visit England Cyclists Welcome 2016
- Visit England Walkers Welcome 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good26
- Jeremy PYork, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWe hoped for a few relaxing days breakWednesday, 6th September 2017Booked an apartment as we had our dogs with us. Unfortunately as soon as we walked in there was a bad smell, likely it was warm so we opened all the windows to get some fresh air in (had the windows... Read full review
- Jenny LRugby, England, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFriendly comfortable B&BMonday, 4th September 2017We were a party of six people staying at Bee cottage ,our host was very welcoming and friendly, the breakfast was excellent! The rooms were very well equipped, yes we could recommend this B&B and... Read full review
- markmennellLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayTrip to see kenryenTuesday, 29th August 2017We stayed at bee cottage for one night , we found bee cottage reasonably easy , you might find it hard at night to find , we were greeted by the owners , who were informative ,the rooms were a... Read full review
- WiFi Available - Free wifi.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 0
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
Bookable Product Facilities
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Pets accepted - Pets accepted in annexe rooms but not in farmhouse.
- Cyclists Welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists - C to C guide
- Special provisions for walkers - Ramblers
- Walkers Welcome
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
Map & Directions
From A68: We are 1.5 miles west of A68, mid way between Tow Law and Castleside and brown tourist signs mark the turn-off point from the A68.
Public Transport Directions
From Durham - 15 miles. No direct public transport. Can take a taxi to Consett Bus Station and a bus from there.